Greater precision, fewer side effects. Lovelace Cancer Care offers the TomoHD radiation therapy treatment system that can image and treat common and complex tumors with a single device. It can be used for treating breast, prostate, lung, and head and neck cancers. TomoHD allows the radiation oncologist to deliver higher curative doses with less radiation damage to surrounding tissue.
The TomoHD targets up to 160cm in length with no need to reposition the patient and no need for field junctioning.
- A daily CT scan is generated by the TomoHD machine before each treatment and allows the operator to adjust the position to align to the patient’s anatomy.
- TomoHD is capable of doing Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT), which delivers high doses of radiation with surgical precision in 5 daily treatments with virtually no side effects.
- This machine also allows us to treat patients with limited metastases to the lung or liver with 25 percent surviving four or more years.
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) can cure Stage I lung cancer patients (who are not operative candidates) as effectively as surgery—70 percent survival at five years.
- This never-before-seen helical linear accelerator can deliver the most up-to-date conformal radiation, reducing the normal tissue complications to a higher degree than any machine currently in use in New Mexico.
Lovelace Medical Center is proud to offer the nation’s first Dynamic Jaws technology.
Dynamic Jaws is a new technology added to our TomoHD linear accelerator that further minimizes radiation doses to healthy tissue. This is the most advanced technology on the market today that spares healthy tissue for patients undergoing radiation treatment. The patient will experience fewer side effects and decreased treatment times.
Dynamic Jaws allows us to treat patients faster by providing pinpoint accuracy for every radiation therapy patient.